Intro

Hi Fellow Slingshooters,

I started slingshooting 1 year ago, and I have watched many videos, I have read many forum posts, etc. Many, many reviews, opinions, instructions, suggestions, recommendations, and so few data. I am an engineer of industrial measurements, so I miss those facts. 

In this blog I will publish my simple and cheap, but technically correct tests, which - I hope - will help the slingshooting community to develop. My posts will be text based, not videos. Why? This is much easier, faster and cheaper to make. My lab equipment is very humble, but enables me to perform quite useful tests. In my tests I will use SI (metric) units. In the numbers I will use decimal points.

My equipment list today:
- an electronic fishing scale (0...20 kg, accuracy: +/- 2 gram)
- a measuring tape (0...5 meter, Class I, max error on 1 meter is 0.5mm)
- a digital caliper (0...170mm, accuracy: +/- 0.05mm))

Ordered equipment (arrives in January)
- a shooting speedmeter (cronograph, 0...1000m/sec, accuracy 0.5% of the display value)
- a laser rangefinder (0...1000 meter, accuracy +/- 1 meter)

I repeat: In this blog you will not find any opinions. Just the test descriptions, the measured values, and the raw conclusions. 

Popular posts from this blog

Tapered flat band max elongation

How much material is in the elastic tube?

Draw force - not weight